Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Mosel region - Bernkastel-Keus


Again, this was an area that I knew nothing about and had no preconceptions of, B being the driving force behind it with his love of reislings. We left Salins-les-Bains on Tuesday and drove a good 5 hours north. I took the wheel before Nancy and drove around Metz and into Luxembourg. It was one of the most tense pieces of driving I've done yet as the trucks along this route barrel along at speed, as do the cars and with heavy traffic I was ready to handover at our fuel stop in Luxembourg.

We had found a hotel to stay at near Bernkastel-Keus, having booked at the last minute. I should point out that these 12 days between Provence and Italy haven't been planned or booked, so we are winging it a bit. This caused me some concern, being a planner, but we worked it all out in the end!

So the first place was nothing to write home about, and found somewhere up river for the next few days.





Thursday was a bit drizzly, but we still wandered around Bernkastel-Keus, full of wooden houses leaning over the streets.  We had real apfelstrudel and ate a very good lunch, where I had my first schnitzel in Germany. The girls also discovered that they really love schnitzel and ate it for the next three meals. 
Schnitzel!!
Doll photo bomb...









No comments:

Post a Comment